Golden opportunity for Norwegian O&G suppliers
The Norwegian oil and gas supplier industry is faced with a golden opportunity: to switch focus from the longer-term declining oil and gas sector towards the growing the renewable energy sector. On a global scale, 40% of all energy investments are now put into renewable energy. But within the oil and gas supplier industry, only 2% of deliveries go into renewables – the remaining 98% still go into the oil and gas sector. In a recent article in the Norwegian business newspaper Dagens Næringsliv, QVARTZ Partner Erik Nordbø, Engagement Partner Thomas Nyheim and Manager Are Kaspersen talk about the opportunities within renewables for the oil and gas supplier industry – and what might happen if big players like Aker Solutions and Kværner miss out on this opportunity. Read the full article here (in Norwegian, for subscribers only).