Data Engineer & Senior Data Engineer, Manila
QVARTZ Analytics is a knowledge hub of 30+ specialists within advanced analytics and digital solutions. From our offices in Copenhagen, Sydney and Manila, we help clients drive more business value by providing new business insights through advanced data analysis while creating measurable business impact and sustainable change. We recently merged with advanced analytics consultancy BuisnessMinds and are experiencing rapid growth. Therefore, we are currently looking for a Data Engineer and Senior Data Engineer to join our team in Manila.
As a Data Engineer, your main role will be to produce and implement data solutions to process big data in different stages of the data analytics pipeline. You will work alongside business users and be part of data science teams to produce data sets to unearth business trends (visualization) or prepped to apply complex machine learning algorithms (data science ). Driving automation and production-ready jobs to build an end-to-end data pipeline will be a key scope for you. Moreover, your daily tasks will include:
• Development and management of data integration & ETL jobs – consolidation, aggregation, dimension creation, feature engineering, filtering, validation, data quality routines, etc.
• Creation of entity relationships and source to target data mapping
• Development and creation of data marts for reporting consumption and/or analytics use cases
• Definition and implementation of automation of jobs.
• Execution of production-level jobs by considering data dependencies, schedules, validation routines, data stream updates.
• Unit and system integration testing
• Collaboration with technical users to define data requirements & establish business rules to be applied
Whether you are a recent graduate or an experienced candidate, you hold at least a bacherlor's degree, probably within computer science, information technology/systems, statistics, math or the like. Moreover, you are passionate about data and know how to transform it into meaningful business insights.
For the position as Data Scientist, you have 1-4 years of data integration experience using any programming languages (SQL, Python, Java) to produce data marts, mappings, table relationships, and reports. Other programming languages related to SQL/data management can also be considered. If you have experience with Spark or Hive it is a definitely a plus, but not a requirement.
For the position as Senior Data Scientist, you have 5+ years of experience within the above areas plus solid expertise in designing data models for big data architectures or data warehouse. You have a solid understanding of database programming and are able to manage large amounts of data, combined with a fundamental understanding of database engine behaviors. Moreover, you possess good knowledge about of ETL technologies & platforms. Ideally, you have experience in data platforms like Cloudera, MapR, SAS, Oracle, Microsoft, Talend, Tableau, and Qlik, but it is not a prerequisite.
If you have any questions about the job or our recruitment process, please contact Scania Wong.